Left over Christmas ham recipe
I am always looking for good recipes to use my leftover holiday food with. This year I tried the Ham Florentine Wreath. It turned out so beautiful I had to take a picture and post it.
I got the recipe out of an old Pampered Chef cook book.
2 packages (8 oz ea) refrigerated crescent rolls – I used three
1 package (10 oz) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained – I used a 16 oz package
1 1/2 cups diced cook ham – I chopped up leftover honey glazed ham and used about 2 1/2 cups maybe a little more
1/4 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced – I don’t like onion, so I don’t use them.
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/4 cups (5 oz) shredded Swiss cheese – I buy preshredded packages, cuts back on time
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/4 cup sliced natural almonds, chopped – I never have them at the house
preheat oven 375o
- Combine spinach, ham and green onions in large bowl.
- add 1 cup cheese
- black pepper
- mix well
- Unroll crescent dough; separating into precut triangles. With wide end in center arrange in a circle on large round stone or round pizza pan (triangle points will extend over pan edge) Press base of triangles together to form slightly scooped area for mixture.
- Scoop mixture onto circle, filling crescent dough.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes overlapping on top of mixture.
- sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the tomatoes.
- Pull triangle points over filling tucking under triangle base. I had one extra crescent triangle so I filled it, rolled it, and placed it in the center of the wreath. Brush egg whites over wreath to create glaze. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.