Speak with a Loan Officer
Why is this the first step?
You always want to find out where your qualifying price is. A Loan Officer will be able to quickly go over your Credit, Income, & Assets (CIA) and give you not only your price range but also advise you on your best financial options. You may qualify for down payment assistance, a VA loan, a FHA Loan, or one of many other programs and Loans established to help in the buying process.
Most credit unions will have a home mortgage department and an application process to prequalify for a home loan. If you don’t have one in mind call or email me. I have a list of Loan Officer in the area.
You will want to have:
- your most current pay stubs (at least two weeks)
- bank statements (two years)
- your recent tax return paperwork
- all your asset info (homes, cars, stocks, etc…)
- all your credit line info (credit cards, car loans, store cards, etc…)
Once you have spoken with a Loan Officer and gotten a pre-qualification letter you are ready to move on to step two.